The Startup Bootcamp course is aimed at individuals and teams in the development stage of their digital health project or company.
With the help of our experienced faculty, who hold extensive academic and practical knowledge in the field, we have designed a curriculum that provides a curated toolkit to get you ahead in your startup journey.
This course is conducted in small groups to maximise your learning potential, and for us to be able to give personalised feedback on your product. From business plan writing, to investment and legal considerations, our hands-on approach prepares participants for the business world of tomorrow. Join us today and bring your partner/cofounder for free.
Cristina De Juan, PhD, Founder & CEO at IMT Innovation
Cristina is the founder and CEO of IMT, a marketplace for digital health, and the largest digital health network in UK. Prior to this, Cristina set up a government-based precision medicine innovation centre, and 2 medtech startups. Cristina used to run clinical trials for pharma, and holds a PhD in Genetics. Cristina is a council member of the Royal Society of Medicine and a faculty member of Barts X Medicine. She was recently been named one of the 100 most-influential leaders in healthtech in the world.
Christoph’s focus is on investments in healthcare and renewables. He initially practiced as a radiologist. In 2006, he joined 3i working for their Healthcare Venture Capital after which he worked for GE’s healthcare division, where he was responsible for mergers and acquisitions in the medical technology and healthcare IT sectors. He holds a degree in medicine from Ludwig-Maximilians University, Munich and an MBA from INSEAD
Bonella Ramsay is the Global Co-Chair of the Life Sciences Sector at DLA Piper. She is involved in IP rights management and strategy as well as structuring and negotiating the exploitation of IP rights. She has a particular focus on digital health and technology transactions for the pharmaceutical and biosciences sector.
- The Digital Health Ecosystem – How does your startup or idea fit in the digital health industry? How does it add value to patients, and to clients? What is your growth model?
- The Winning Business Plan – A business plan is the document that describes your business and sets out the plan to develop and grow your company, from the problem you are solving, to the uniqueness of your solution, your team, and your financial projections.
- Pitch to a digital health Venture Capital – If you want to take your business to the next level, you might want to consider bringing venture capital on board. We help you create the perfect pitch.
- IP and Legal Considerations – The intellectual property (IP) of your idea is critical to your success. Is your invention already patented by someone else? Do you need to file a patent for your software solution or data algorithms?
- 10 hour course.
- Building a startup or in the process of setting one up.
Wayra | Telefonica’s StartUp Accelerator | 20 Air St, Soho, London W1B 5AN
Get Ahead in the Ecosystem
- Deep dive into digital health, the latest technologies and emerging trends.
Learn About Business Plans and Sources of Funding
- Experienced faculty shares experience and advice into writing a successful business plan.
- Understand your Unique Selling Point (USP) and consider your customer and sales tactic.
Gain Insights into Raising Capital
- Hear from investors on what a venture capital firm is looking for, and recommendations on the important factors when building a company.
- Understand your options for raising capital.
Keep Up to Date with Legal Considerations
- Understand the legal requirements and considerations of your idea, from patents to privacy.
- Hear from lawyers on about the stage that these factors need to be taken into account.
- Network with our community of healthcare innovators, the largest in Europe, and leading digital health organisations.
- Get access to electronic resources and material from the course, including a 1-year free subscription to IMT.
Testimonials – What our community is saying
Cristina and IMT’s commercial knowledge of the digital health market is clear and throughout the workshop, Cristina translated this into practical, actionable takeaways for us to apply. It was an incredibly valuable use of our time.
Great event with lots of interesting people. Good opportunity to chat to entrepreneurs in a relaxed environment.
Through the IMT Academy’s Startup Bootcamp I gained new insights into the VCs’ mind and the IP Rights, key knowledge for a digital health startup. I also formed supportive relationships with peers and new partnership opportunities.
Thank you so much for organising the bootcamp last week. It was a really nice event, the presentations were very good.
Great collaborative event with informative lively speakers. A very motivational bootcamp!
Pictures from the StartUp Bootcamp on the 11th and 14th of July 2017